Public agency Tourism Information Centre of Ignalina district is non-profit making limited civil liability public legal person whose aim is to satisfy public interests. Ignalina District Tourism Information Centre is a public entity that was created on the 29th of April in 1999. The main activity field and tasks of the centre are to:
- Provide the tourism services;
- Stimulate tourism development;
- Collect, systemize and share tourism information;
- Promotion of tourism activities;
- Investigate the tourism infrastructure and administrate tourism data basis;
- Cooperate with other tourism information centers.
- Information is given for free about the district tourism resources: accommodation, meals, entertainment services, visiting places, museums and museum exhibitions, active recreation, cultural and sports events and village tourism homesteads;
- Consulting about tourist routes, individual travels for people after the most beautiful visiting places of Aukštaitija National Park;
- Popularization of tourism among local people;
- Participation in exhibitions, missions and other events presenting an attractive tourist image of the Ignalina district;
- The information material is restored, gathered and distributed (booklets, flyers, leaflets and brochures), accommodation (tourists camps, rest-houses, youth hostels and campsites), rest in village tourism homesteads (overnights, dining and leisure forms), restaurants and members of culinary heritage network (working hours, number of seats, typical dishes), leisure forms (water trips, cultural institutions, winter sports), museums and museum exhibits (what are presented, working hours), places to visit, architecture and natural monuments and cultural events (holidays, festivals, exhibitions, competitions).